Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

hey girls Tink they have a cream called aquaphor in the usa not sure if its the same as aqueous cream but might be? Hopes I used it on my babies with bad diaper rash (docs reccommendation) and it worked wonders so may be worth a try !

That's why I suggested Aqueous calamine cream hopes, think it would be quite soothing for you. I dunno whether there is an American brand for such a cream, here we can buy it over the counter at our pharmacy. Should do the trick combining the itch relief of the calamine with a hypo allergenic moisture cream x

hehe tink i remember you saying aqueous calamine but i didnt know what on earth that was! i mean i know what aqueous means lol, but i didnt know that such a cream existed? hmm any US people know of a brand that has that? will do some googling. the calamine i have now is "medicated" calamine, active ingredients are calamine and pramoxine hcl 1% (topical anesthetic) i couldnt even find regular calamine, but was told that pramoxine and other topical anesthetics are not of any known risk.

unfortunately this calamine does have a light scent too, but like i said its the only kind i could find? everything else had 23923472 other active ingredients and things i didnt think needed to be added to my skin.

Cant seem to find anything American like it, maybe google just likes giving me UK sites :haha: anyhow, something like that is mild enough for a newborn baby and contains no chemicals x

Hey Pops! How are you honey? x

PK, can't wait to see how your chart turns out, maybe that 'amazing night' you had was positivity miraculous...... FX :hugs: x

hey girls Tink they have a cream called aquaphor in the usa not sure if its the same as aqueous cream but might be? Hopes I used it on my babies with bad diaper rash (docs reccommendation) and it worked wonders so may be worth a try !

i have actually seen little tubes of aquaphor before, but dont know much about it! will look into that! dermatologist said yesterday to be careful what i put on the skin because since it will need to be used over such a large area, a lot of it will be absorbed by the body.. which is why they didnt try to give me a prescription topical cream instead of the oral prednisone.

You might be able to get the phamacy to mix up something like it for you, from what I can tell, they keep aqueous cream behind the counter to mix other medications in. Its very inexpensive, you could even mix in some of your own calamine and see whether it helps?
Oooooooh just seen your post Coral, :haha: thanks, I knew they must have it over there!

You ok Coralista? x

Hopes I had to plaster it on my first newborns skin on an hourly basis, he had Eczema from a week old. Nothing harmful in it at all honey x

Little tubes? I'm sure you must be able to buy a big tub of it over the counter. Either that or I hope you find something Hopes :hugs: x

Right I gotta get to bed, I'm shattered zzzzzz will catch up with you all properly tomorrow. Not intended to ignore anyone, I'm just tired and tied up with kids stuff here :hugs: x

yes it comes in big tubs also and is meant for irritated skin so sure it will help hopes, I'm sure there will be no harm to baby as it is recommended for babies, good luck.
:rofl: just watching celebrity juice, did anyone see the scooter race I was imagining me and Tink racing on them! lol night girls see ya's tomorrow! xxx

yeah hopes, defo try the aquafor (sp??...aquaphor??). that's good for all kinds of stuff and is meant to be gentle i think. i've used it with my kids also. or for something natural, you could defo try the olive oil like poppy suggested. i've never done it myself, but one of my sisters is really into natural remedies and organic stuff and she swears by it. she says just using a very little (it spreads easily :haha:) right after the shower does wonders for dry skin. otherwise, i think the aveeno would be a very safe bet also. i use the aveeno shower soap (with a blue cap) b/c it's so gentle and my skin gets very very dry and itchy from all my allergies. :hugs:

tink, that would be miraculous :winkwink: not that :sex: with my dh isn't always wonderful and totally pleasurable as it is, but SOME times just totally blow my mind :haha: anyway, i guess we have about 10 more days to find out! :dohh:

poppy, tink, hopes...i'm not sure if we'll see it in my temps or not if i'm preggo. i kinda think we would, but i guess that's not always the case so :shrug: who knows! :dohh:

supposed to be sunny here tomorrow :happydance: FINALLY, so we're defo going to the beach tomorrow!!! :wohoo::wohoo: dh and i have started talking to a realtor also b/c we have to purchase a home before july when our lease is up. we may have found something here in the same neighborhood. i wanted to move on the island and be even closer to the beach (not like we're far now...just about a 10-15 min drive depending on traffic), but i think we'll be able to get something more affordable and bigger here in the neighborhood we're at. so, i'll take it :winkwink: maybe in another 5 years or so we can move out to the island. :winkwink:

wow, i can't believe it's so late!!!! we just finished watching "Case 39" with the kids. WOW. scary, yes some, but mostly it was just SO STRESSFUL and anxiety-provoking. i don't watch scary movies without dh at night. they give me nightmares, so i told dh he has to "do" something to fix it so i won't have nightmares. he asked me what he should do, and i told him to be creative :haha: eh, we may just go on to sleep, but i better sign off. :hugs: and :kiss: and i'll talk to you tomorrow sweeties xxxx

:wave: morning girls.....
@hopes i did suggest an aqueous cream as thats what i used on my itchy rash...also used it on chloe as a baby due to dry skin...hope you find some relief in it!:hugs:
@tink..hows the pains today?hope they not too bad:hugs:
@pk...hope you get some sun over there its windy and moserable here, march winds and april showers are deffo upon us!!!:hugs:
@poppy..i also call dinner the "lunch"time meal and tea the evening(5pm)meal, just changed it so the usa girls dont get confused:haha:...i was like that for a while with eating, could eat half then got :sick: but within half hour or so wanted the other half of dinner....i think i know what small and often means now :rofl::hugs:
@babydream...:dust::hugs::kiss:
@phoebe.........hows beruit going?? :hugs:
@mommyv and sleeping...any :sick: or sore :holly: yet? x
asfm.....im 20 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wohoo: half way(ish) i cant believe i am here already, bump pics attatched:thumbup: ignore the stretch marks(thanx chloe!!:dohh:)..scan is getting nearer and now the excitement is fading into nerves...will baby be healthy? growing ok? i actually broke down in tears with worry last night,OH said it will be fine,but i cant help but worry...:wacko:..hope your all ok,have a good day ya'll xxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• bump 20 weeks.jpg
    bump 20 weeks.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
  • bump top up  20 weeks.jpg
    bump top up 20 weeks.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
morning girls waiting to go the gym happy Friday woopp and the kids break up today for 2 weeks mc 20 weeks yayy love the bump hun x x x

morning all had an eventful night with Mckenzie at 2am diarrhoea then 3am was sick but was bright green :-( went all floppy and not really responsive so called 999 they came within 5mins and checked him over by this point was more alert blood sugar levels were 3.8, p160 and resp 26. As A&E were manic they got us an appointment with out of hrs doc who we saw at 04:30 but he said prob his ear infection doing this so need to try and get antibiotics in him and keep them down and give watered down milk to get blood sugar levels up. He woke up at 8am had 4oz milk then crashed out on sofa for an hr now bless him.

Asfm 5weeks today symptoms nothing else much yet apart from been really hungry needing the loo loads of time esp through the night, sore bb and a bloated tummy must cover that up lol

PS love the bump pic MC 20weeks already
Caz have fun at gym

Morning ladies!

MC, loving the 20 week bump, congratulations on the half way mark girlie !!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Caz enjoy the gym x

Sleepingbubs, morning honey. Don't envy you with a night like that! Poor little bubba, has he got a cold too? Sounds like a mucus/bile vomit, try not to worry. Poor little thing is obviously fighting something with a pulse rate like that. Thinking of you :hugs: x

Pk hope your ok today, and the weather is a little nicer so you can get the kids out. Hope DH 'did' something to fix the nightmares :haha: x

Phoebe, sorry honey, didn't say anything to you yesterday, hoping your ok. I'm tackling Beruit today also :hugs: x

ASFM we have decided against moving. The meeting was Wednesday, and we have been told nothing about the bungalow so they obviously don't give a damn about our situation (the fact I have 3 and a half months left and need to move soon if they let us) so were staying put. The head has been really grouchy lately, not sure its wise to 'have all our eggs in one basket' now anyway. Would have been lovely, but at least here we are settled and secure. After resting up most of the week I'm gonna start the nesting today :haha: since it will take me all of 15 weeks when all i manage is 30 mins on my feet at a time :rofl: x

hey tink yer he got a chesty cough so a mixture of everything really :-( He just woke up so has had some more paracetamol and hopefully will drink some milk soon. Really clingy :-(

y r u trying to move again I can't remember. prob best to move when lo has arrived moving is horrible lol

Awwww your doing everything you can SB, hope he picks up soon. My husband is the caretaker of the local primary school (where my children go) and they have a bungalow on site. Till this year, it was occupied by the old caretaker (he refused to move out) Anyhow, it was mentioned that if we wanted it it was likely we would get it, it just had to go to the governors meeting for a decision. Well the meeting was Wednesday, and they haven't said anything to Rob, other than can he ring the water, electric, and gas company to shut off the supplies to the bungalow. So not even the courtesy of an answer, it may be they forgot we even wanted it. But our situation means so little to them, it concerns me that they might change their mind any time and we would be out of a house with kids. Not only that, we need to be close by as Rob is up and down the school almost all week, and the house we are in is 7 doors away. It doesn't seem worth the risk any-more. But because we thought we might be moving, we didn't bother with the repairs/decorating here. So we have got to get on, kitchen floor first on the list. DH laying floor tiles over the weekend :) x

Yay bumps, so cute!

I got to play an April fools joke, nearly wet myself in the process :rofl:

Hi Ladies :hi:

MC lovely bump and congrats on your cantaloupe and 20 week mark :yipee:

Tink sorry about the bungalow maybe you are better off staying put and may be a blessing in disguise. Would of been such hard work moving now for you big :hugs:

Sleeping hope LO is feeling better that sounded terrible poor little mite :hugs:

Hi everyone else :hi:

oh bless ya Tink may be they have forgotten that u wanted it may be ask them. I hate decorating we have only done Mckenzie's room here.

Oh Damita wot u like what was it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->